Emmy Awards – there were some British winners when the Emmys were awarded last night with the big winning shows on the night being Homeland, Modern Family and HBO’s Sarah Palin drama Game Change, which all took home 4 awards.
Downton Abbey also did well taking home 3 awards including the best supporting actress award for Dame Maggie Smith. Downton was nominated for 16 awards which made it the most nominated ever British show at the Emmys.
The big winner in the drama category was Homeland with Damien Lewis taking the award for Best Actor and Claire Danes winning the Best Actress award. Homeland also took the award for Best Drama Series which spoilt Mad Men’s chances of taking home a new record 5th win in the category.
Modern Family was the star of the comedy category winning the award for Best Comedy Series for the 3rd year running, with the show’s director Steven Levitan taking Best Comedy Series Director. As well as these 2 awards Eric Stonestreet and Julie Bowen won the awards for Best Supporting Actor and Actress. Eric has recently been linked to Charlize Theron who were introduced to each other through a mutual friend.
The evening started off a little badly for Modern Family actress Sofia Vergara who suffered a wardrobe malfunction a few minutes before the awards started. Her famously curvy body evidently put too much strain on her Zuhair Murad teal mermaid style dress which split at the rear showing a little too much of Sofia’s bottom for US television. She managed to get repairs done in time to appear on stage but posted the photo here of her bottom showing through the split in her dress.
Sofia was not the only actress to show plenty of curves at this year’s Emmys with 2 Broke Girls star Kat Dennings pouring her ample breasts into a very low-cut J Mendel dress. Iron Man 2 star Olivia Munn also showed off plenty of cleavage in her black plunging Armani Prive Couture dress.
Jimmy Kimmel hosted the Emmys this year which were televised live from the Nokia Theater in LA.
Here are some of the award winners from the 64th Emmys:
- Best Drama Series – Homeland
- Best Drama Series Actress – Claire Danes for Homeland
- Best Drama Series Actor – Damien Lewis for Homeland
- Best Comedy Series – Modern Family
- Best Comedy Series Actress – Julia Louis-Dreyfuss for Veep
- Best Comedy Series Actor – Jon Cryer for Two and a Half Men
- Best Miniseries or Movie – Game Change
- Best Miniseries or Movie Actress – Julianne Moore for Game Change
- Best Miniseries or Movie Actor – Kevin Costner for Hatfields & McCoys
- Best Variety Series – The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Best Reality Program – Undercover Boss
- Best Reality Competition Program – The Amazing Race
- Best Animated Program – The Penguins of Madagascar
- Best Non-Fiction Series – Frozen Planet
- Best Non-Fiction Special – George Harrison: Living in the Material World
- Best Original Dramatic Score – John Lunn for Downton Abbey