Strictly Come Dancing 2014 Line-Up Now Complete – the Strictly class of 2014 has now been completely filled and it seems that most observers already have a firm favourite among this year’s competitors.
After teasing out the first few names over the last couple of weeks, the final 3 places were revealed all together on this evening’s One Show on BBC1.
Before Gregg Wallace (Masterchef), Jennifer Gibney (Mrs Brown’s Boys) and Tim Wonnacott (Bargain Hunt) were announced this evening it seems that most bookmakers had already worked out their odds for this year and have installed singer Pixie Lott as this year’s most likely winner of the glitterball trophy.
As well as having much potential as a dancer we have no doubt that the Strictly team will have been encouraged by the fact that Pixie was placed at 15 in this year’s FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World listing. This put her above 2 of last year’s Strictly favourites , Rachel Riley (17th) and Susanna Reid (30th) as well as above model Kelly Brook (23rd), fellow 2014 Strictly competitor Thom Evans’ former girlfriend.
Following hot on Pixie’s heels (if the bookies are to be believed) are Frankie Sandford from The Saturdays and Simon Webbe formerly from boy band Blue. We also feel that Caroline Flack will be one to watch and could give all three a real run for their money.
The bookies already seem to have consigned Bargain Hunt host Tim Wonnacott to the Tony Jacklin/Quentin Willson scrapheap and a William Hill spokesperson said that they were viewing Wonnacott as the 33-1 outsider and ‘cannot see Tim Wonnacott making it through the first week unless he gets a cult following like John Sergeant.’
Well if anyone has seen Wonnacott in charm offensive mode on Bargain Hunt then they might well disagree with this assessment of his chances as with his stylish sense of dress and witty remarks we think he could last a bit longer than the bookies are predicting. We are not saying that he is going to get to the final stages but would expect him to last 2 or 3 weeks as a minimum.
Another name we expect to do better than is being predicted is former rugby star and ex of Kelly Brook, Thom Evans. He is likely to prove popular with the same fans who supported Ben Cohen last year.
Here is this year’s Strictly line-up in full:
- Pixie Lott – 23-years old – singer and actress
- Frankie Bridge (Sandford) – 25-years old – singer
- Caroline Flack – 34-years old – tv presenter
- Simon Webbe – 36-years old – former singer with Blue
- Jake Wood – 42-years old – plays Max Branning in Eastenders
- Steve Backshall – 41-years old – naturalist and tv presenter
- Jennifer Gibney – age is a secret! – plays Cathy Brown in Mrs Brown’s Boys and is married to writer and comedian Brendan O’Carroll
- Alison Hammond – 39-years old – former Big Brother housemate and now a tv presenter
- Mark Wright – 27-years old – former TOWIE star and now a radio presenter – engaged to Michelle Keegan
- Scott Mills – 40-years old – Radio 1 dj
- Judy Murray – 54-years old – tennis champ Andy Murray’s mother
- Sunetra Sarker – 41-years old – plays Dr Zoe Hanna in Casualty
- Thom Evans – 29-years old – former rugby star and ex boyfriend of Kelly Brook
- Tim Wonnacott – 61-years old – auctioneer and presenter of Bargain Hunt
- Gregg Wallace – 49-years old – Masterchef presenter
You can see all the new Strictly stars, as well as finding out which professional they are being paired with, when the new series begins on BBC1 next Saturday (September 7).