At last night’s ceremony at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas the 23-year old singer looked very pleased with herself as she was easily the awards most successful artist, picking up a total of 8 separate awards including Best Female Artist, Top Billboard 200 Album (Red) and the night’s top award of Best Artist.
The awards had a new category this year as Billboard introduced the new classification of EDM or Electronic Dance Music with David Guetta winning the first ever award for Top EDM Artist and Skrillex taking the TOp EDM Album award for Bangarang.
Apart from Taylor Swift other multi-award winning artists included Nicki Minaj who won 3 awards including Top Rap Artist and Top Streaming Artist. Minaj celebrated her award by giving a lapdance to Lil Wayne while wearing a black crop top and a pair of very tight black leggings.
Canadian singer Carly Rae Jepsen also had a great night taking home the awards for Top Digital Song and Top Pop Song for “Call Me Maybe” as well as sharing the award for Top Digital Songs Artist with Taylor Swift.
The fashions worn on the night were of very variable quality with Madonna wearing a very strange looking black stockings and garter outfit and 47-year old Shania Twain rolling back the years in a very stylish silver Grecian goddess gown.
Another woman who hit all the right notes at the Billboard Awards this year was Jennifer Lopez whose Zuhair Murad gown was one of the fashion hits of the night.
Here are the winners of the main categories at this year’s Billboard Music Awards with a sample of the evening’s fashion hits and misses following
- Top Artist – Taylor Swift
- Top Male Artist – Justin Bieber
- Top Female Artist – Taylor Swift
- Top New Artist – One DIrection
- Top Duo/Group – One Direction
- Top Hot 100 Artist – Maroon 5
- Top Billboard 200 Artist – Taylor Swift
- Top Digital Songs Artist – Carly Rae Jepsen and Taylor Swift (tied)
- Top Touring Artist – Madonna
- Top Radio Artist – Rihanna
- Top Streaming Artist – Nicki Minaj
- Top Billboard 200 Album – Taylor Swift for Red
- Top Pop Album – Adele for 21