Kate was appearing at a charity fundraising dinner for St Andrew’s University where she and her husband first met. St Andrew’s is celebrating its 600th anniversary and is trying to raise £100m to help less well-off students to study there.
Kate and William studied history of art at St Andrew’s University from 2001 to 2005 and the prince is on record as saying that Kate was the better student of the two and described her as his “art guru.”
The Duke was talking at the charity dinner in London’s Middle Temple about how seeing Kate appear in a see-through dress during the university’s fashion show in 2002 made him rethink their relationship as friends and start to think of her in a different way. He is said to have turned round to a friend in the audience and said “Kate’s hot.”
Kate wore the same black and nude dress by designer Alice Temperley that she wore to the premiere of War Horse back in January this year. She got great comments about the dress last time she wore it but you can bet that there will be some that don’t think she should re-use a dress so soon no matter how good it looks.
This time the Duchess accessorized the dress with a special red crystal poppy given to her by the Royal British Legion. The poppy is to commemorate Remembrance Sunday which is this weekend, when the nation honours all those people who have died in conflict in the service of their country.
The result of the survey is something of a surprise for those who thought the Star Wars characters would top the poll. In fact the public choice as the Number One Sci-Fi Movie Character is Superman as played by the late Christopher Reeve in 1978.
All is not lost however for Star Wars fans as in 2nd place in the poll is Harrison Ford’s character of Han Solo from the first release in the Star Wars series. Also in 3rd place comes that classic Jedi Master Yoda as portrayed by Frank Oz.
Here is the list of the Top 20 Greatest Sci-Fi Characters as voted for in the Stratego survey:
- Superman (Christopher Reeve) – Superman
- Han Solo (Harrison Ford) – Star Wars
- Yoda (Frank Oz) – Star Wars
- ET – E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
- Jay (Will Smith) – Men in Black Series
- Darth Vader (James Earl Jones) – Star Wars series
- Captain James T Kirk – Star Trek
- Martin McFly (Michael J Fox) – Back to the Future
- C3PO – Star Wars
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) – Star Trek
- Mr Spock – Star Trek
- Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith) – Independence Day
- The Daleks – Dr Who
- Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) – Star Wars
- Doctor Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd) – Back to the Future
- The Tardis – Dr Who
- R2-D2 -Star Wars Episodes I-VI
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – Star Wars
- Peter Venkman (Bill Murray) – Ghostbusters
- Doctor (David Tenant) – Dr Who