There are some obvious candidates for the final stages already with Kimberley Walsh being paired with Pasha Kovalev and Denise Van Outen with James Jordan. The other most likely top pairings are the 2 Olympians, Victoria Pendleton with Brendan Cole and Louis Smith with Flavia Cacace.
The two outside bets for success appear to be Tracy Beaker actress Dani Harmer who is paired with tango specialist Vincent Simone and our pick from the older selection of contestants is Fern Britton who seemed so delighted to be paired with previous competition winner Artem Chigvintsev that we are sure she will be putting in plenty of hours practice without complaint.
As well as a whole new crop of celebrities and a new judge there is also a new professional dancer this year in the shape of Karen Hauer who is paired with Westlife’s Nicky Byrne. 30-year old Karen originally comes from Venezuela and is the World Mambo Champion. She recently starred in the Broadway hit Burn The Floor and has previously worked on dance routines with Jennifer Lopez.
The full pairing for this year’s Strictly are:
- Colin Salmon and Kristina Rihanoff
- Dani Harmer and Vincent Simone
- Denise Van Outen and James Jordan
- Fern Britton and Artem Chigvintsev
- Jerry Hall and Anton Du Beke
- Johnny Ball and Aliona Vilani
- Kimberley Walsh and Pasha Kovalev
- Lisa Riley and Robin Windsor
- Louis Smith and Flavia Cacace
- Michael Vaughan and Natalie Lowe
- Nicky Byrne and Karen Hauer
- Richard Arnold and Erin Boag
- Sid Owen and Ola Jordan
- Victoria Pendleton and Brendan Cole
The celebrities and their professional dance partners now have 3 weeks to get themselves ready for the first 2 back to back programmes in the series on 05 and 06 October.